Saturday, May 23, 2009

Plenty of water around here at the moment

It's been raining a lot lately. Since Wednesday whilst I was down at Cape Byron trying to get Aurea bamboo harvested for Jaye. The wind was blowing a gale, the rain cept coming down, and there was little old me trying to get things done before Thursday when I was scheduled to send Ezikiel in for an overdue service. Very dificult to move bamboo without Ezikiel.


So I was wet but I was doing okay, I'd eaten the hearty lunch that had come with me. I'd eaten it at about 9am. I was a little cold and hungry after all.


24 culms 5.5metres long had been strapped to Ezikiel's roof racks and I got them down to Starseed farm and got them nestled up in the branches of the big fig. Standing beautifully. I'm not sure that this was very sensible as the wind was blowing a gale and and the rain was coming down. Some of the culms slid and cracked one of Ezikiel's side mirrors. It was one of those days.


So I took myself to the Rails hotel for lunch and Ezikiel shut his doors with the keys inside. It was one of those days after all.


We did get home that night. The causeway was about as high as I'd stil be happy taking Ezikiel over and its been raining ever since. Lismore has been declared a disaster area and so Ezikiel hasn't gone in for his service yet.

1 comment:

melaleuca said...

more blogging required!